Tuesday, June 21, 2011
NBA MOCK DRAFT TOP 10 PICKS
What's up, guys? The NBA Draft is just two days away so here's my top 10 picks.
"And with the first pick in this years 2011 NBA Draft the Cleveland Cavaliers select" - David Stern
1. Cleveland Cavaliers (via LA Clippers) - Kyrie Irving, G, Duke
- To me, this is a definite. Cleveland has big men such as JJ Hickson and Anderson Varejo. What they are missing is a guard. Baron Davis isn't the same anymore and Daniel Gibson's hype is over. With the Cavs owning the 4th pick as well they can take Irving here and go big later on.
2. Minnesota Timberwolves - Derrick Williams, F, Arizona
-With guards being stock piled on this roster, the Wolves need to get big down low. Kevin Love, Anthony Randolph and Michael Beasley is a great start. Darko Milicic isn't a starting big man. He is a body but not a starter. Move Kevin Love over to Center, Beasley over to PF and stick Williams at SF and Randolph comes off the bench as a 6th man. It works.
3. Utah Jazz (via NJ Nets) Brandon Knight, G, Kentucky
-With the loss of Deron Williams the Jazz need to restock at the point. With Devin Harris unable to stay on the court with constant injuries, Knight will fit perfectly into this spot.
4. Cleveland Cavaliers - Enes Kanter, C, Turkey
-Due to NCAA violations, Kanter was never able to play for Kentucky last year like he was suppose too but that isn't going to knock him out of the top 10. Cavs would have a perfect set of PG and C with this pick. Kanter and Irving are both just 19 years old with a lot of upside if they stay in Cleveland.
5. Toronto Raptors - Kemba Walker, G, UCONN
- If it isn't already known then I'll tell you now, I wasn't big on Kemba this whole season but after the performance he put in all the tournaments, Maui, Big East and March Madness, it would be crazy not to see him in the Top 5. Toronto is in need of a PG. Kemba fits here.
6. Washington Wizards - Kawhi Leonard, F, San Diego State
- Leonard is probably one of thee most athletic players in this draft. Comparisons to Dennis Rodman for his defensive skills is always a plus. With Washington being set on every position except SF ( Josh Howard leaves via FA and Rashard Lewis is traded) Leonard would be a perfect fit.
7. Sacramento Kings - Jonas Valanciunas, C, Lithuania
- With Samuel Dalembert being the only center on the roster I think the Kings go big. Adding another 7 footer down low is never a bad thing and the kid can shoot with range. Dirk anyone?
8. Detroit Pistons - Marcus Morris, F, Kansas
- With the addition of Greg Monroe last season, Detroit needs to look into a future at PF. Why not add a hard nose big man to a hard nose city, right? I expect both Prince and Hamilton to be traded or bought out but either way, here the go PF.
9. Charlotte Bobcats - Jon Vesely, F, Czech Republic
- The Bobcats can go two ways with this pick. Either Chris Singleton from Florida State or stick with Jon. I say they go with Jon. With Stephan Jackson aging (and I expect traded), Charlotte again looks to add a SF that should have been Adam Morrison had he not, well you know, flopped.
10. Milwaukee Bucks - Klay Thompson, G/F, Washington State
-If any players stock has risen in this draft it's Thompson. With combo guard-forward is a perfect fit for a team like the Bucks who are pretty thin on both positions. Delfino and Maggette at SF aren't the best but neither is Salmons and Douglas-Roberts. Thompson will be an automatic start for this team.
If you want to know where anyone else in the draft might go or what your team might take hit me up via twitter @TimmyDimas and I will gladly let you know!
@ Tuesday, June 21, 2011
|What You Think?|